Edited by Naznin Sultana, Sanchita Bandyopadhyay-Ghosh and Chin Fhong Soon
1. Designing Biomaterials for Regenerative Medicine: State-of-the-Art and Future Perspectives 1 Zohreh Arabpour, Mansour Youseffi, Chin Fhong Soon, Naznin Sultana, Mohammad Reza Bazgeir, Masoud Mozafari and Farshid Sefat
2. New Generation Materials for Applications in Bone Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine 10 Ravikumar K, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey and Bikramjit Basu
3. Enhanced Scaffold Fabrication Techniques for Optimal Characterization 23 Tshai Kim Yeow, Lim Siew Shee, Yong Leng Chuan and Chou Pui May
4. Next Generation Tissue Engineering Strategies by Combination ofOrganoid Formation and 3D Bioprinting 51 Shikha Chawla, Juhi Chakraborty and Sourabh Ghosh
5. A Strategy for Regeneration of Three-Dimensional (3D) Microtissues in Microcapsules: Aerosol Atomization Technique 63 Chin Fhong Soon, Wai Yean Leong, Kian Sek Tee, Mohd Khairul Ahmad and Nafarizal Nayan
6. BioMEMS Devices for Tissue Engineering 81 Tao Sun and Chao Liu
7. Injectable Scaffolds for Bone Tissue Repair and Augmentation 91 Subrata Bandhu Ghosh, Kapender Phogat and Sanchita Bandyopadhyay-Ghosh
8. Bio-Ceramics for Tissue Engineering 126 Hasan Zuhudi Abdullah, Te Chuan Lee, Maizlinda Izwana Idris and Mohamad Ali Selimin
9. Stimulus-Receptive Conductive Polymers for Tissue Engineering 144 Naznin Sultana
10. Evaluation of PCL / Chitosan/Nanohydroxyapatite / Tetracycline Composite Scaffolds for Bone Tissue Engineering 157 Rashid Bin Mad Jin, Naznin Sultana, Chin Fhong Soon and Ahmad Fauzi Ismail
Color Plate Section 173
Tissue Engineering Strategies for Organ Regeneration addresses the multidisciplinary tissue engineering approaches in regenerating different types of tissues and organs. This book provides a comprehensive summary of the recent improvements of biomaterials used in scaffold-based tissue engineering and describes the different protocols for the manufacture of scaffolds. In addition, it describes the mechanisms behind cell-biomaterials interactions. In addition, this book focuses on advanced technologies such as microfabrication techniques for tissue engineering approaches. Several in vitro and in vivo functions of tissue engineering scaffolds for several applications are provided. Tissue engineering scaffolds with multifunctional properties such as biocompatibility, conductivity and antibacterial characteristics are addressed in the book. This book not only addresses the present constraints in tissue engineering applications but also highlights the future directions of tissue engineering applications.
This book is written by experts from around the world in tissue engineering field. Chapter 1 focuses on designing biomaterials for regenerative medicine: state-of-the-art and future perspectives. Chapter 2 deals with new generation materials for applications in bone tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Chapter 3 discusses enhanced scaffold fabrication techniques for optimal characterization. Chapter 4 describes next generation tissue engineering strategies by combination of organoid formation and 3D bioprinting. Chapter 5 provides a strategy for regeneration of three-dimensional (3D) microtissues in microcapsules: aerosol atomization technique. Chapter 6 highlights BioMEMS devices for tissue engineering. Chapter 7 focuses on injectable scaffolds for bone tissue repair and augmentation. Chapter 8 presents the details associated with bio-ceramics for tissue engineering. Chapter 9 reviews stimulus-receptive conductive polymers for tissue engineering. Chapter 10 delivers PCL /Chitosan/Nanohydroxyapatite/Tetracycline composite scaffolds for bone tissue engineering.
All the chapters of this book are self-contained and focused on current tissue engineering strategies for organ restoration. It is expected that the book will be a great resource and reference for the multidisciplinary societies such as the Researchers, Advanced Undergraduate and Postgraduate students in Biomedical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Clinical investigators.